The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) at Touro University California facilitates external funding for research, instruction, and public service activities application submissions and provides assistance with all post award activities. OSP serves as a liaison between scientists, administrators, and the sponsors to convey and ensures that all sponsored projects comply with appropriate University guidelines and policies, as well as federal, state, and sponsor regulations. The highest standards of integrity and fiduciary responsibility will be upheld. As the central resource for all external inquiries, OSP is committed to providing efficient and effective support services to principal investigators, administrators, and the sponsor.
All proposals which use the name and resources of Touro University California and which may result in an award to the University must adhere to University procedures for submitting a proposal, accepting an award, and administering the project.
This office is divided into two major sections. A brief synopsis of these functions is provided below:
- Provides access to matching email alert services and computerized funding opportunity searches (InfoEdGlobal.com)
- Provides consultation about all aspects of proposal preparation, from interpretation of instructions to preparing a budget and required forms.
- Development of budgets for grants and contracts
- Facilitates proposal development and submission
- As the authorized institutional office, endorses and provides the institutional signature for all applications that are approved for submission.
- Preparing and negotiating contracts
Award Management Services:
- Reviews and accepts all extramural grant and contract awards on behalf of the University.
- Authorizes initiation of all research projects and sponsored academic programs on behalf of the University.
- Informs principal investigators and accounting of the terms and conditions of awards.
- Serves as the Coordinator for institutional prior approval authority, authorizing or requesting required funding agency approval for significant modifications.
- Coordinates submission of final reports.
- Subcontract preparation, administration and management
- Personnel Coordinator of hires, appointment forms, annual appointment continuations
- Review, approve and reconcile all grants and contracts-related spending
- Coordinate accurate time and effort reports
- Generate monthly budget reports
- Administer all PI F&A related accounts and spending
- Administer the Intra-mural Research Award Program
- Award close-out
- Policy development and coordination
- Research activity and associated reports
- Manages intellectual property and related research agreements.
"Touro University California Office of Sponsored Programs does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law in employment of research staff and faculty, treatment or access to its programs or activities."
Alejandro Gugliucci, MD, PhD
Director of Sponsored Programs
Associate Dean of Research
Professor of Biochemistry
College of Osteopathic Medicine
Ms. Lou Van Der Ree
Office of Sponsored Programs
Ms. Mallory Davis
Department of Research- COM
Office of Sponsored Programs
Copyright 2005 - 2017, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.