- Student Travel
Student Travel Procedures
The TUCOM, budgets annual for the support of COM students to present research at local and national meetings. Distribution of funds will be governed by a selection process on a first-come, first-serve basis. Requests for travel support may be submitted once presentation abstracts are accepted, but not before.
The following rules will apply:
- Only one student will be funded per presentation. Typically, that will be the first author. Another student author may be funded, with approval, if the first author cannot attend.
- Students must be in good academic standing in order to apply for support to present research.
- Due to limited funding, an individual student can only be funded for a maximum of one meeting per year.
- A student wishing to be funded to attend a meeting must attach their abstract, details of the meeting as per the standard TUC Travel and Conference Request form, the Request for Travel Reimbursement for Research Conferences For, and (if an absence will occur) an approved excused absence from the Associate Dean of Preclinical Education, to the administrative coordinator to the Associate Dean of Research.
- The Associate Dean of Research will make a funding decision based upon the quality of research, impact of meeting, and availability of funding. Funding for travel is likely very limited and, therefore, requests will be subject to particularly rigorous review.
- Expense coverage is limited to economy airfare and TUC standard level for meals, lodging and ground transportation.
- New Vendor
- Travel and Conference Request Form (general)
- Request for Travel Reimbursement (students)
- Proof of Excused Absence (an email is acceptable)
- Proof of Acceptance (an email is acceptable)
- Your Abstract
- Poster Printing Request (if applicable)
Please hand in the above forms to the Research Department's Administrative Coordinator at LEAST two weeks before your travel. While two weeks is the minimum amount of time we request because of the limited resources it is advisable to turn in the above forms as soon as you have an accepted abstract.
For any additional questions please contact:
Mallory Davis, BA
Office of Sponsored Programs
Lander Hall, 232B
Copyright 2005 - 2017, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.