MRC Research Services
The MRC provides clinical research services, equipment, and facilities for investigators conducting studies in broad areas of metabolic disease at its clinical research facility in Building H89 on the Touro University California main campus.
The MRC also provides specialized laboratory services in the MRC core research laboratory in Lander Hall.
Clinical research services at the MRC include:
- Vital signs, anthropometrics
- Phlebotomy, specimen collection, PK sampling
- Oral glucose, meal tolerance tests
- Physician services
- Physical exams
- Physician orders and medical oversight.
- Research pharmacist
- Dispense medication
- Study drug accountability
- Study coordination, including recruitment
- Specimen processing
- Specialized services
- Glucose clamp
- Body composition, bone density by DXA
- Stable isotope procedures
MRC core laboratory services include:
- GC/MS analyses for measurement of endogenous glucose production, gluconeogenesis, de novo lipogenesis
- Plasma glucose and lactate analyses
Starting a Protocol with the MRC
To inquire about utilizing the MRC for your research protocol, please download and fill out the Resource Request Form and send an electronic copy along with the study protocol to:
Sally Chiu, Ph.D.
Executive Clinical Research Coordinator
The MRC team will review the request form and protocol and contact you to set up an in person meeting. All users must sign a usage agreement.
**Protocols must be IRB approved prior to implementation.
Copyright 2005 - 2019, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.